The $1 million Belmont Oaks (gr. IT), formerly the Garden City Stakes, has found a new identity as part of the New York Racing Association's July 5 Stars and Stripes card, which also features the Belmont Derby (gr. IT).
Ignored by bettors at 18-1, Sea Queen ran down Minorette in the final 70 yards to win the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Belmont Park inner turf course May 25.
Undefeated Sagamore Farm homebred Daring Dancer will try for her fourth straight victory and second straight stakes win against an expected six other 3-year-old fillies in the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes May 25.
Daring Dancer, making her first start in nearly six months, remained unbeaten with a daring 2 1/2-length triumph in the $100,000 Appalachian Stakes Presented by Japan Racing Association (gr. IIIT) April 17 at Keeneland.
More owners and trainers are finding Salix-free success. read blog
Sweet Reason, smashing winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, is the headliner in the 1 1/16-mile Frizette Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Able Friend Wins Champions Mile in Easy Romp
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence