Moyglare Stud's Discreet Marq came out running in her 2015 debut May 9 at Belmont Park, making the pace and holding off several determined rivals to win the $150,000 Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Grade I winner Discreet Marq will make her first start of 2015 at Belmont Park May 9, entered as the 2-1 favorite in a field of seven older fillies and mares for the $150,000 Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT).
The $1 million Belmont Oaks (gr. IT), formerly the Garden City Stakes, has found a new identity as part of the New York Racing Association's July 5 Stars and Stripes card, which also features the Belmont Derby (gr. IT).
Ignored by bettors at 18-1, Sea Queen ran down Minorette in the final 70 yards to win the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Belmont Park inner turf course May 25.
Undefeated Sagamore Farm homebred Daring Dancer will try for her fourth straight victory and second straight stakes win against an expected six other 3-year-old fillies in the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes May 25.
Daring Dancer, making her first start in nearly six months, remained unbeaten with a daring 2 1/2-length triumph in the $100,000 Appalachian Stakes Presented by Japan Racing Association (gr. IIIT) April 17 at Keeneland.
More owners and trainers are finding Salix-free success. read blog
Sweet Reason, smashing winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, is the headliner in the 1 1/16-mile Frizette Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Frammento Has Final Drill at Saratoga
- Tale of Verve, Mubtaahij Breeze for Belmont
- Alsvid Takes Aristides Over Work All Week
- Texas Red Works Toward Possible Dwyer Start
- French Navy Sails to Group I Upset in SAf
- Posse to Shuttle to Uruguay
- Evangeline Downs Stakes Taken Off Turf
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Winx Trounces Rivals in Queensland Oaks