Short-priced favorite Chautauqua roared from last and won the lucrative Manikato Stakes (Aus-I) Oct. 23 at Moonee Valley's night meeting, stamping himself one of Australia's top sprinters.
Buffering was too strong for Lankan Rupee, the world's top-rated sprinter, Sept. 23 as he led nearly every step at Moonee Valley and denied that opponent victory by a short head in the City Jeep Moir Stakes (Aus-I).
Half brothers Spirit of Boom and Temple of Boom finished as the respective winner and runner-up in the Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I) May 24 at Doomben Racecourse in Brisbane.
Diminutive but game Rebel Dane fought out the finish in the Clamms Seafood Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (Aus-I) and earned his first top-level win Sept. 29 at Caulfield.
The addition of blinkers for the first time helped It's a Dundeel to victory over highly regarded Proisir in the Randwick Guineas (Aus-I) March 16 at Warwick Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile