Short-priced favorite Chautauqua roared from last and won the lucrative Manikato Stakes (Aus-I) Oct. 23 at Moonee Valley's night meeting, stamping himself one of Australia's top sprinters.
Buffering was too strong for Lankan Rupee, the world's top-rated sprinter, Sept. 23 as he led nearly every step at Moonee Valley and denied that opponent victory by a short head in the City Jeep Moir Stakes (Aus-I).
Half brothers Spirit of Boom and Temple of Boom finished as the respective winner and runner-up in the Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I) May 24 at Doomben Racecourse in Brisbane.
Diminutive but game Rebel Dane fought out the finish in the Clamms Seafood Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (Aus-I) and earned his first top-level win Sept. 29 at Caulfield.
The addition of blinkers for the first time helped It's a Dundeel to victory over highly regarded Proisir in the Randwick Guineas (Aus-I) March 16 at Warwick Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin