The select portion of the Magic Millions national broodmare sale ended its two-day run in Australia May 29 with increases of 23.9% in gross and 37.6% in average price from a year ago.
A Redoute's Choice colt which is a full brother to group I winner Melito brought Aust$750,000 ($773,805 in U.S. funds) to top the third session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13.
A Stratum filly, which is a half sister to New Zealand group I winner Anabandana, brought the top price of Aust$220,000 ($231,975 in U.S. funds) May 25 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national weanling sale.
A Redoute's Choice colt brought the top price of Aust$850,000 as the gross and average price increased from a year ago during the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan 12.
The average price rose 17.9% from a year ago while the gross revenue remained about the same during the fifth session of the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale Jan. 11 on Australia's Gold Cost.
- By Ric Chapman
Opening day of the revamped Inglis national easter yearling sale got off to an absolute flyer with vendors reaping the rewards.
Coolmore's world famous representative Demi O'Byrne paid the Magic Millions Day 4 top price of (Aus) $900,000 for a colt by Arrowfield Stud current Australian champion sire Redoute's Choice.
The Magic Millions national weanling sale produced more highlights on day two of the weanling section.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees