Multiple stakes winners Ready to Act and Daring Kathy, top the 10-horse field of 3-year-old fillies entered on the grass in the $150,000 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine Aug. 23.
The home team prevailed in Keeneland's spring handicapping contest, the Grade One Gamble, as Lexington's Evan Trommer finished first with a final total of $9,170 after starting with $2,000. read blog
In her first start on a synthetic surface, Ready to Act recorded her second straight stakes victory for Klaravich Stables and William Lawrence when she rallied from last to capture the April 13 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II).
Alto Racing's Sweet Whiskey, who launched her 2014 campaign with a victory in the Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) leads a field of eight 3-year-old fillies entered in the April 13 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II).
The road to this year's Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park has been rewarding for Nick and Jaqui de Meric of de Meric Thoroughbred Sales.
Europe, Presque Isle Downs, Arlington Park, Belmont Park, Wise Dan and Woodbine! view slideshow
Avoiding trouble near the eighth pole when favored Ready to Act bore in sharply and hit the rail, Harlequin Ranches' Llanarmon surged between rivals to post a victory in the $200,000 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park