After coming up short in the first jewel of the Triple Crown, Uncle Sigh will try his luck against nine other New York-bred 3-year-olds when he starts in the first leg of the Big Apple Triple Saturday at Belmont Park.
Chad Brown-trained gelding is looking for his eighth consecutive win in the featured $250,000 New York-bred event Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Readtheprospectus made it six in a row by taking the Commentator Handicap, while Saginaw, Lovely Syn, Amberjack, Shakeira, Clear Pasaj, and King Kreesa were all winners on New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park.
New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park features eight stakes on a 10-race card restricted to New York-breds, with a variety of familiar contenders running for $850,000 in purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work