After coming up short in the first jewel of the Triple Crown, Uncle Sigh will try his luck against nine other New York-bred 3-year-olds when he starts in the first leg of the Big Apple Triple Saturday at Belmont Park.
Chad Brown-trained gelding is looking for his eighth consecutive win in the featured $250,000 New York-bred event Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Readtheprospectus made it six in a row by taking the Commentator Handicap, while Saginaw, Lovely Syn, Amberjack, Shakeira, Clear Pasaj, and King Kreesa were all winners on New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park.
New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park features eight stakes on a 10-race card restricted to New York-breds, with a variety of familiar contenders running for $850,000 in purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work