Fox Hill Farms' Rockport Harbor, who has had more than his share of bad luck during his racing career, came out of his fifth-place finish in the March 12 Razorback Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) with a foot injury that may force his retirement.
Sonic West, ridden patiently by Willie Martinez, took advantage of a pace duel between Crafty Shaw and 3-5 favorite Pie N Burger to win the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Sunday.
Pie N Burger, the runner-up to Private Emblem in the Essex Handicap (gr. III) on Feb. 21, weighs in as the 119-pound highweight for Sunday's Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park. The 1 1/16-miles race is a prep race for the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/8 miles on April 3.
Graeme Hall will face eight challengers in Saturday's $125,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park. The son of Dehere is highweighted at 120 pounds for the mile and a sixteenth feature, and will get the services of jockey Robby Albarado.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland