Ralph Evans' Upstart, a grade II winner and player on the Triple Crown trail last year, makes his 2016 debut as the 120-pound highweight in the March 19 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Fox Hill Farms' Rockport Harbor, who has had more than his share of bad luck during his racing career, came out of his fifth-place finish in the March 12 Razorback Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) with a foot injury that may force his retirement.
Sonic West, ridden patiently by Willie Martinez, took advantage of a pace duel between Crafty Shaw and 3-5 favorite Pie N Burger to win the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Sunday.
Pie N Burger, the runner-up to Private Emblem in the Essex Handicap (gr. III) on Feb. 21, weighs in as the 119-pound highweight for Sunday's Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park. The 1 1/16-miles race is a prep race for the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/8 miles on April 3.
Graeme Hall will face eight challengers in Saturday's $125,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park. The son of Dehere is highweighted at 120 pounds for the mile and a sixteenth feature, and will get the services of jockey Robby Albarado.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud