Jockey Frankie Dettori will miss the rest of the season with a fractured right ankle, his business manager told the Associated Press Oct. 2.
Godolphin Racing was ordered to pay 300,000 pounds ($567,630) in damages for a plane crash in 2000 that resulted in the death of the pilot and injuries to jockeys Frankie Dettori and Ray Cochrane.
Jockey Ray Cochrane returned to the races for the first time since suffering injuries in a June airplane crash near Newmarket Race Course with a win in Friday's Fund For Addenbrooke's Fillies' Handicap at Newmarket, according to Sporting Life. Cochrane was injured along with fellow rider Frankie Dettori in the crash which killed the pilot, Patrick Mackey.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracts Attention at OBS
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey