The latest blueprints for expanding gaming in Illinois appear to scale back dramatically on aid for the racing industry.
The legislation authorizes slots at the racetracks and five new casinos.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Nov. 30 they are close to a deal that would bring a casino to the Chicago Loop -- and, presumably, wider gaming expansion including slot machines at race tracks.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he is confident a compromise can be reached on Illinois gaming expansion, including slot machines for racetracks.
The Illinois General Assembly has given final approval to legislation that would allow slot machines at racetracks as part of a major gaming expansion.
IIlinois Gov. Pat Quinn has turned thumbs down on slots at the state's race tracks, saying that would be too much expansion of gaming in the Land of Lincoln.
The fate of Illinois racing increasingly seems to be held hostage in a tug-of-war between Gov. Pat Quinn and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel--a showdown that involves both substance and a test of wills.
The Illinois Senate May 31 gave final legislative approval to a sweeping expansion of gaming in Illinois, including authorization for slot machines at racetracks.
The Illinois House May 30 passed legislation that would permit slot machines at the state's race tracks as part of a dramatic expansion of gaming around the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Baffert Forever Linked to Unbridled's Song