Secret Circle, a two-time Breeders' Cup winner and the 2015 Golden Shaheen victor, will be retired to stud for the 2016 breeding season, co-owner Mike Pegram said. Stud plans have not yet been determined.
Secret Circle's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) win helped his dam sell for $675,000 at Keeneland Nov. 8.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Secret Circle's career suggests that his pedigree might be at variance with his natural aptitude for speed.
The Bob Baffert-trained Secret Circle carried a big lead into the stretch and then held off a rail bid from longshot Shumoos to win the inaugural running of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 4 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet