Ragozin figures provide a good way to assess true speed in a sale horse's family.
Istan, winner of the Nov. 3 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) by 8 3/4 lengths at Churchill Downs, has been purchased by Brereton C. Jones' Airdrie Stud.
Ken Ramsey, in an effort to gain stature for the stallion Catienus, will run his son Nolan's Cat in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), even though the colt is still a maiden after five starts.
With the announcement of Mineshaft's retirement, the questions will persist as to how he would have run in the Breeders' Cup, and where he will be ranked on the list of the top horses of the past decade.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill