Ragozin figures provide a good way to assess true speed in a sale horse's family.
Istan, winner of the Nov. 3 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) by 8 3/4 lengths at Churchill Downs, has been purchased by Brereton C. Jones' Airdrie Stud.
Ken Ramsey, in an effort to gain stature for the stallion Catienus, will run his son Nolan's Cat in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), even though the colt is still a maiden after five starts.
With the announcement of Mineshaft's retirement, the questions will persist as to how he would have run in the Breeders' Cup, and where he will be ranked on the list of the top horses of the past decade.
Most Popular Stories
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'