Ragozin figures provide a good way to assess true speed in a sale horse's family.
Istan, winner of the Nov. 3 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) by 8 3/4 lengths at Churchill Downs, has been purchased by Brereton C. Jones' Airdrie Stud.
Ken Ramsey, in an effort to gain stature for the stallion Catienus, will run his son Nolan's Cat in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), even though the colt is still a maiden after five starts.
With the announcement of Mineshaft's retirement, the questions will persist as to how he would have run in the Breeders' Cup, and where he will be ranked on the list of the top horses of the past decade.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- STATS, Equibase Launch STATS Race Lens Mobile Version
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell