Trainer Bob Baffert looks to continue his strong run of recent success at Oaklawn Park when he saddles Bodemeister and Secret Circle, the morning line favorites for the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. I) April 14.
Four contenders for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) went through their final preparations for the 1 1/8-mile test that is one of the final preps for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Headed by champion Hansen and Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Prospective, there are 11 probable starters for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Favored Raconteur, under a vigorous ride from Chris DeCarlo, registered his first stakes win for trainer Todd Pletcher when he nipped Hakama by a head in the $76,500 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park March 17.
Is Hansen worth trying to beat at short odds? read blog
With the exception of Eclipse Award winner Hansen, a large but rather unaccomplished field of 13 has lined up for the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Jason Shandler looks at Todd Pletcher's Derby hopefuls. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American