Trainer Bob Baffert looks to continue his strong run of recent success at Oaklawn Park when he saddles Bodemeister and Secret Circle, the morning line favorites for the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. I) April 14.
Four contenders for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) went through their final preparations for the 1 1/8-mile test that is one of the final preps for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Headed by champion Hansen and Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Prospective, there are 11 probable starters for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Favored Raconteur, under a vigorous ride from Chris DeCarlo, registered his first stakes win for trainer Todd Pletcher when he nipped Hakama by a head in the $76,500 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park March 17.
Is Hansen worth trying to beat at short odds? read blog
With the exception of Eclipse Award winner Hansen, a large but rather unaccomplished field of 13 has lined up for the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Jason Shandler looks at Todd Pletcher's Derby hopefuls. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame