It goes without saying that no one forgets attending their first Kentucky Derby (gr. I). However, every once in a while along comes a Derby story that is not only memorable but also unlikely to ever be surpassed.
Two graded stakes wins after the Breeders' Cup disappointment, here we are preparing to take a $1,000 yearling across the world for the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic next month. And he's got a hell of a chance.
I went back to the barn next morning to see Puck and ran my knuckles over his shins, looking for signs of trouble, but he didn't move an inch...
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017