It goes without saying that no one forgets attending their first Kentucky Derby (gr. I). However, every once in a while along comes a Derby story that is not only memorable but also unlikely to ever be surpassed.
Two graded stakes wins after the Breeders' Cup disappointment, here we are preparing to take a $1,000 yearling across the world for the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic next month. And he's got a hell of a chance.
I went back to the barn next morning to see Puck and ran my knuckles over his shins, looking for signs of trouble, but he didn't move an inch...
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year