The head of the ARCI believes recommended changes to the multiple medication violator provision of the National Uniform Medication Program will help states that have not adopted the provision put it in place.
Racing really is running out of time to police itself. read blog
Alan Foreman responds to criticism that little progress has been made on medication reform.
The board of directors of the Jockeys' Guild has voted to adopt 10 policy statements concerning race day medications and safety concerns.
A congressional subcommittee was told Feb. 27 that while testing for drugs in horse racing isn't perfect, the current model is both effective and ever-improving.
The Racing Medication & Testing Consortium has completed a section of its website (www.rmtcnet.com) that enables licensed horsemen to look up guidelines for withdrawal times for approximately 75 therapeutic medications identified by the RMTC Veterinary Advisory Committee.
Dr. Scot Waterman,executive director of the Racing Medication Testing Consortium, was awarded the John K. Goodman Alumni Award from the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program Thursday at The Symposium on Racing and Gaming being held this week near Tucson.
In addition to race-day security barns, a special security team is in full swing patrolling the Belmont Park barn area in the days leading up to the Oct. 29 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS