Heavy rains and lightning in the New Orleans area Dec. 22 caused a lengthy delay before the running of the third race at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots and resulted in the remaining six races being been canceled.
Due to the effects of the winter storm, The New York Racing Association has canceled live racing at Aqueduct Racetrack on Sunday, Dec. 15.
Thunderstorms in New Kent, Va. June 26 caused a power outage at Colonial Downs, forcing the track to cancel its live racing schedule.
Mountaineer Park has cancelled live racing on Monday, Jan. 1, and Tuesday, Jan. 2, with racing scheduled to resume at the Chester, W. Va., track on Jan. 13. Rose Mary Williams, the track's director of racing, said Sunday the decision to cancel was based on forecasts for a winter storm which passed through the Northeast on Saturday. However, a report on the Equibase web site on Friday said that racing was cancelled due to a "dispute" between the local Horsmen's Benevolent and Protective Association and management.
Most Popular Stories
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning