The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Star Power - By Evan Hammonds
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome