The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny