The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau