The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa