The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident