The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale