The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Tillson Joins Spendthrift Farm Team
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze