The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015