The Ohio Roundtable, which opposes the expansion of gambling, said Oct. 21 is has filed a lawsuit challenging racetrack VLTs in the state.
Republican Gov. John Kasich, citing an "emergency" in Ohio, issued an executive order Oct. 14 allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to adopt regulations governing racetrack video lottery terminals.
A party-line vote in the Republican-heavy Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee June 22 killed legislation to authorize video lottery terminals at racetracks in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return