The Mark Casse trainee would not be denied April 2 as he closed with a sustained rally through the Gulfstream Park stretch and won the $200,000 Pan American Stakes (gr. IIT) by a head.
After failing as the favorite in last month's United Nations Stakes (gr. IT), Kaigun made amends to those who backed the 4-year-old gelding with a three-quarters-length score in the Play the King Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid