The Mark Casse trainee would not be denied April 2 as he closed with a sustained rally through the Gulfstream Park stretch and won the $200,000 Pan American Stakes (gr. IIT) by a head.
After failing as the favorite in last month's United Nations Stakes (gr. IT), Kaigun made amends to those who backed the 4-year-old gelding with a three-quarters-length score in the Play the King Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night