Quaesitor earned the first stakes victory of his career amidst a frosty conclusion to the 2013 season at Woodbine, closing from last to capture the marathon Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) from favorite Eagle Poise.
Kimchi, perfectly handled by jockey Patrick Husbands, took over turning for home and drove to a 1 3/4-length triumph over Sweet Breanna in the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the premier event for Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies Sunday in Toronto.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx