Jockey Kieren Fallon won his second straight Budweiser Irish Derby, riding 9-2 favorite Dylan Thomas to a 3 1/2 -length victory at the Curragh Sunday.
Three-year-old Queen's Logic, who won all five of her races, has been retired after contracting a virus
Queen's Logic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) future book favorite, may not run in Sunday's race at Newmarket after she was found lame Saturday.
When the Cartier Awards were handed out in London Wednesday night, the big winners were Coolmore Stud, Godolphin Racing, and the Magniers.
Breeders' Cup Turf winner Fantastic Light was honored Wednesday night with the Cartier "Horse of the Year" award during a ceremony at London's Four Seasons Hotel. Fantastic Light was also honored with the Older Horse Award, beating out his Godolphin stablemate Sakhee, runner-up in the Breeders Cup Classic.
Favored Queen's Logic romped in the group I Shadwell Stud Cheveley Park Stakes Tuesday at Newmarket, while Sophisticat, a 2-year-old filly by Storm Cat out of Serena's Song, checked in second, seven lengths back. Good Girl was third.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Pletcher Duo Stands Out in Poseidon Handicap