Five-year-old mare faces nine opponents in seven-furlong dash at Arlington Park
While Groupie Doll returned from a layup with a passable third in the Gardenia Stakes (gr. III) at Ellis Park, she'll have little margin for error in the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 9.
Bret Calhoun-trained filly Cozze Up Lady notched her first stakes victory when coming from off the pace to win the June 29 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid