Graded stakes-winning son of Empire Maker to stand at Vinery New York for $2,500. He won or placed in eight graded stakes and is a half brother to multiple graded stakes winner Hungry Island.
Brahms, a grade I winner by Danzig out of Mr. Prospector's champion daughter Queena, has been relocated to Richard Hessee's Trophy Club Training Center near Royal, Ark.
Danzig, a prominent stallion ever since his freshman crop emerged, was represented by his 200th stakes winner.
Eclipse Award winner Queena, the dam of grade 1 winner and sire Brahms, was euthanized due to complications from colic at Helen Alexander's Middlebrook Farm near Lexington. She was 21.
Queena, who won three straight grade I races in 1991 to earn champion older mare honors, is euthanized because of colic complications.
Florida freshman sire Indy King sired his first winner Sept. 11. First-time starter Indy Joe won a $40,000 Delaware maiden special weight wire-to-wire against a field of nine other horses at Delaware Park.
Regally-bred La Reina was momentarily collared at the top of the stretch but battled back gamely under jockey John Velazquez to post an impressive three-length victory in the $110,700 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Aqueduct on Tuesday.
Grade I winner and foundation broodmare Too Chic was euthanized Wednesday at Middlebrook Farm near Lexington, Ky. due to the infirmities of old age.
Helen Alexander has donated a conservation easement to Bluegrass Conservancy which will protect all 349 acres of her Middlebrook Farm, near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite