Graded stakes-winning son of Empire Maker to stand at Vinery New York for $2,500. He won or placed in eight graded stakes and is a half brother to multiple graded stakes winner Hungry Island.
Brahms, a grade I winner by Danzig out of Mr. Prospector's champion daughter Queena, has been relocated to Richard Hessee's Trophy Club Training Center near Royal, Ark.
Danzig, a prominent stallion ever since his freshman crop emerged, was represented by his 200th stakes winner.
Eclipse Award winner Queena, the dam of grade 1 winner and sire Brahms, was euthanized due to complications from colic at Helen Alexander's Middlebrook Farm near Lexington. She was 21.
Queena, who won three straight grade I races in 1991 to earn champion older mare honors, is euthanized because of colic complications.
Florida freshman sire Indy King sired his first winner Sept. 11. First-time starter Indy Joe won a $40,000 Delaware maiden special weight wire-to-wire against a field of nine other horses at Delaware Park.
Regally-bred La Reina was momentarily collared at the top of the stretch but battled back gamely under jockey John Velazquez to post an impressive three-length victory in the $110,700 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Aqueduct on Tuesday.
Grade I winner and foundation broodmare Too Chic was euthanized Wednesday at Middlebrook Farm near Lexington, Ky. due to the infirmities of old age.
Helen Alexander has donated a conservation easement to Bluegrass Conservancy which will protect all 349 acres of her Middlebrook Farm, near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Tom’s Ready Wins Ack Ack; Runhappy Fourth
- Forever Unbridled Cruises in the Beldame
- Joking Gets First Grade I Win in Vosburgh
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Paulassilverlining Takes Muddy Gallant Bloom
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Yoshida Goes to Record Price at Arc Sale
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar