Three Chimneys' Callwood Dancer, the lone grade II winner in a field of older fillies and mares, has the edge and will carry top weight of 122 pounds in the $100,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Nov. 15.
Callwood Dancer was chased by two rivals through the length of the Woodbine stretch, but the Irish-bred daughter of Danehill Dancer had just enough to hold on during a thrilling finish in the $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) May 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks