First-time blinkers made all the difference for Olympic Glory, who cruised past supplemental entry Top Notch Tonto for a clear win in the 1 million QIPCO Queen Elizabeth Stakes II (Eng-I) Oct. 19 at Ascot.
Excelebration can be added to the list of championship-caliber horses who had the misfortune to be foaled in the same crop as a still better runner.
Excelebration, runner-up to Frankel on four occasions and third behind him once, finally escaped the superstar's shadow when he took the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 20 at Ascot in determined fashion.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory