First-time blinkers made all the difference for Olympic Glory, who cruised past supplemental entry Top Notch Tonto for a clear win in the 1 million QIPCO Queen Elizabeth Stakes II (Eng-I) Oct. 19 at Ascot.
Excelebration can be added to the list of championship-caliber horses who had the misfortune to be foaled in the same crop as a still better runner.
Excelebration, runner-up to Frankel on four occasions and third behind him once, finally escaped the superstar's shadow when he took the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 20 at Ascot in determined fashion.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill