First-time blinkers made all the difference for Olympic Glory, who cruised past supplemental entry Top Notch Tonto for a clear win in the 1 million QIPCO Queen Elizabeth Stakes II (Eng-I) Oct. 19 at Ascot.
Excelebration can be added to the list of championship-caliber horses who had the misfortune to be foaled in the same crop as a still better runner.
Excelebration, runner-up to Frankel on four occasions and third behind him once, finally escaped the superstar's shadow when he took the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 20 at Ascot in determined fashion.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop