The California Horse Racing Board announced it has lifted its restrictions on delivery of certain types of Purina feed to trainers after receiving assurance from the company that the products no longer contain zilpaterol.
In hopes of heading off positive drug tests for zilpaterol, the California Horse Racing Board is warning trainers of sweet feed products containing a molasses base produced by Purina at its Turlock, Calif., mill.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day