Millionaire Puerto Madero, whose victory over Behrens and Silver Charm in the 1999 Donn Handicap (gr. I) got the "NTRA Champions on Fox" series off to a rousing start, has been retired from racing and will stand at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington for $5,000 live foal.
Dust On the Bottle, last after the opening quarter mile and sixth after a mile, rallied through the stretch to win the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III) by a length Saturday at Hawthorne Race Course. Sent off at nearly 39-1, the Glenn Hild-trained 5-year-old paid $79.40 for the win.
Stronach Stables Golden Missile has been installed as the 6-5 morning-line favorite for the Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Hawthorne.
Stronach Stable's Golden Missile heads the list of horses likely to enter Saturday's $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III). Others pointing for the Gold Cup include Mula Gula, Blazing Sword, and Puerto Madero.
Overbrook Farm's Surfside worked six furlongs from the gate at Churchill Downs on Thursday in company with WHAS-11 Stakes winner Unbridled Time. Surfside's 3/4-sister Sanibel Island also worked at Churchill on Thursday.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus highlights the list of 23 horses nominated to the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup Handicap (gr. II). The 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-olds and up will be run Oct. 7 at Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars