"Barbaro: The Horse Who Captured America's Heart," written by Sean Clancy and published by Blood-Horse Publications' Eclipse Press division, has won a 2008 Benjamin Franklin Award from the Independent Book Publishers Association.
The "Racing Post," Great Britain's daily racing paper, has been bought as expected by an Irish private equity investment firm, but the price of Â£170 million ($340 million) is less than owner Trinity Mirror had hoped for.
Daily Racing Form has acquired the publishing assets of Sports Eye Inc., a New York-based company that produces Thoroughbred and Standardbred handicapping publications and other sports-related publications.
The success of Laura Hillenbrand's "Seabiscuit," which has more than 400,000 copies in print and is being made into a motion picture, is spawning more books on horse racing and breeding, according to USA Today.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale