Growth of Eclipse Press
"Barbaro: The Horse Who Captured America's Heart," written by Sean Clancy and published by Blood-Horse Publications' Eclipse Press division, has won a 2008 Benjamin Franklin Award from the Independent Book Publishers Association.
- By Mark Popham
The "Racing Post," Great Britain's daily racing paper, has been bought as expected by an Irish private equity investment firm, but the price of Â£170 million ($340 million) is less than owner Trinity Mirror had hoped for.
Daily Racing Form has acquired the publishing assets of Sports Eye Inc., a New York-based company that produces Thoroughbred and Standardbred handicapping publications and other sports-related publications.
- By Ron Mitchell
The success of Laura Hillenbrand's "Seabiscuit," which has more than 400,000 copies in print and is being made into a motion picture, is spawning more books on horse racing and breeding, according to USA Today.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Churchill Downs Readies for 21-Day Fall Meet
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- LNJ Foxwoods Named New Owner of the Year