"Barbaro: The Horse Who Captured America's Heart," written by Sean Clancy and published by Blood-Horse Publications' Eclipse Press division, has won a 2008 Benjamin Franklin Award from the Independent Book Publishers Association.
The "Racing Post," Great Britain's daily racing paper, has been bought as expected by an Irish private equity investment firm, but the price of Â£170 million ($340 million) is less than owner Trinity Mirror had hoped for.
Daily Racing Form has acquired the publishing assets of Sports Eye Inc., a New York-based company that produces Thoroughbred and Standardbred handicapping publications and other sports-related publications.
The success of Laura Hillenbrand's "Seabiscuit," which has more than 400,000 copies in print and is being made into a motion picture, is spawning more books on horse racing and breeding, according to USA Today.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year