The Kentucky Personnel Board has determined that former Kentucky racing chief steward John Veitch was properly dismissed in November 2011.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission began 24-hour security May 1 for horses entered in the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
A hearing officer for Kentucky Personnel Board has recommended that fired chief racing steward John Veitch should be reinstated to his former position and be awarded all back pay and benefits.
John Veitch, who was dismissed Nov. 28 from his position as chief steward for the state of Kentucky, has filed an appeal of the action by the Public Protection Cabinet, contending he was improperly dismissed.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55