Odds-on choice Crested, dropping out of grade I company for trainer Wally Dollase, swept to victory in the Cotton Fitzsimmons Mile Handicap on the grass at Phoenix's Turf Paradise Jan. 5.
Unfurl the Flag seeks to become the first horse in 50 years to successfully defend honors in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Lucky J.H., victorious over California-breds in his last start on April 30 in the 7 1/2-furlong Tiznow Stakes at Hollywood Park, will try the same distance against open company in the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) on Saturday.
Jockey Alex Solis completed a sweep of the three graded stakes races on the Hollywood Park program Saturday when he guided the former claiming horse Siren Lure to an unlikely victory in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III).
The former claimer Siren Lure carries top weight of 120 pounds when he faces seven opponents in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III), a six-furlong test at Hollywood Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start