Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Harlem Rocker seized the lead at the top of the stretch and outfought the surprising East End Tap to win the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of Canada's Triple Crown series, for owner Frank Stronach and trainer Todd Pletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension