Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Harlem Rocker seized the lead at the top of the stretch and outfought the surprising East End Tap to win the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of Canada's Triple Crown series, for owner Frank Stronach and trainer Todd Pletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm