Believing suspended trainer Marcus Vitali may have been working with trainer Allan Hunter to effectively train horses during his suspension, The Stronach Group announced this week that no entries would be taken for horses trained by Vitali.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has updated its guide for horsemen to reflect sanctions against those involved with racehorses that test positive for illegal medications.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Rouse Earns F. Ambrose Clark Award
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Stakeholders Support Central Rule Making