Believing suspended trainer Marcus Vitali may have been working with trainer Allan Hunter to effectively train horses during his suspension, The Stronach Group announced this week that no entries would be taken for horses trained by Vitali.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has updated its guide for horsemen to reflect sanctions against those involved with racehorses that test positive for illegal medications.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired