The withdrawal of Boys At Tosconova leaves a wide open field of nine sophomores to contest the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30, the first major step toward the Florida Derby (gr. I) this spring.
Zayat Stables' Black N Beauty probably earned himself a ticket to the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) with a solid victory in a $51,500 allowance test for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Jan. 7.
Three of the most impressive maiden winners this summer -- Boys At Tosconova, Stay Thirsty, and Wine Police -- headline a field of seven in the Hopeful Stakes (gr. I), the marquee event for juveniles at Saratoga.
Printing Press, dam of multiple grade I winner Lite Light, was euthanized earlier in the month because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Masochistic Looms in Pat O'Brien
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante