The withdrawal of Boys At Tosconova leaves a wide open field of nine sophomores to contest the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30, the first major step toward the Florida Derby (gr. I) this spring.
Zayat Stables' Black N Beauty probably earned himself a ticket to the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) with a solid victory in a $51,500 allowance test for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Jan. 7.
Three of the most impressive maiden winners this summer -- Boys At Tosconova, Stay Thirsty, and Wine Police -- headline a field of seven in the Hopeful Stakes (gr. I), the marquee event for juveniles at Saratoga.
Printing Press, dam of multiple grade I winner Lite Light, was euthanized earlier in the month because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival