Turning Top, a three-time winner on the Hollywood Park turf, is the 119-pound high weight for the $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) on closing day of the Oak Tree Racing Association meet Oct. 31.
In what could be her final start in California, the great Zenyatta remained undefeated with her 18th consecutive win in rather routine fashion by a neck in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 7 at Del Mar.
Undefeated champion Zenyatta is expected to seek her 18th victory against no losses after being entered in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 7. But trainer John Shirreffs isn't sure yet.
Pacific Classic (gr. I) winner Richard's Kid, most recently third in the Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), headlines the field for the $125,000 Cougar II Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar July 30, if he goes.
Turning Top became a graded stakes winner in her first try at 10 furlongs when she ran down longshot pacesetter Princess Taylor in the $100,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Hollywood Park June 26.
Tuscan Evening has so dominated the Southern California older female turf division this year that her absence leaves the $100,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIIT) wide open June 26 at Hollywood Park.
Bourbon Bay will have an opportunity to gain a significant place in Santa Anita lore as the heavy favorite in the $150,000 San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT) on closing day April 18.
Most Popular Stories
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- KY Oaks Contenders Birdatthewire, Puca Breeze
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- La Verdad Repeats Score in Distaff 'Cap
- Dissident Retires in Style With All Aged Win
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Pint-Sized Pasadena Girl Uncorks Champagne
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut