Delta Princess, the dam of champion Royal Delta, was euthanized Aug. 5 due to a degenerative stifle condition according to a release from Adena Springs.
The connections of two-time champion Royal Delta have announced that the 5-year-old daughter of Empire Maker has been retired and will be bred to Galileo.
Maram, winner of the 2008 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, died Sept. 6 from an acute illness, according to a release. The 6-year-old mare was at Sheltowee Farm in Midway, Ky.
One of the top-priced horses sold at the Sept. 11 opening session of the Keeneland September yearling sale, a Street Sense filly sold for $650,000, came from the dispersal of the late Prince Saud bin Khaled.
Keeneland officials Aug. 10 announced that 4,319 horses have been cataloged for its September yearling sale, to be held Sept. 11-24.
The estate of the late Prince Saud bin Khaled, represented most recently by 2011 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) winner Royal Delta, will completely disperse its Thoroughbred broodmares, weanlings, and racing stock.
Prince Saud bin Khaled, who operated a successful Thoroughbred breeding and racing operation under the nom de plume Palides Investments, died at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles following an illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule