This week we take a closer look at Cupid, winner of the $900,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) on March 19 at Oaklawn Park.
A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure purchase during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when Coolmore Stud went to $1 million for him.
Zayat Stables has retired grade III winner Heart Ashley, who will be offered as a broodmare prospect during the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale.
Overlooked in the wagering at odds of 8-1, Heart Ashley quickly took the lead and never looked back while tallying a 1 1/4-length win in the $250,000 My Juliet Stakes at Philadelphia Park May 29.
Eight 3-year-old fillies with visions of the Del Mar Oaks dancing in their heads will be heading for the starting gate on Sunday for the 33rd running of the grade II, $150,000 San Clemente Handicap.
After sitting out the Kentucky Oaks, Golden Ballet rebounded from defeat in the Ashland Stakes to win the $150,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years