This week we take a closer look at Cupid, winner of the $900,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) on March 19 at Oaklawn Park.
A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure purchase during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when Coolmore Stud went to $1 million for him.
Zayat Stables has retired grade III winner Heart Ashley, who will be offered as a broodmare prospect during the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale.
Overlooked in the wagering at odds of 8-1, Heart Ashley quickly took the lead and never looked back while tallying a 1 1/4-length win in the $250,000 My Juliet Stakes at Philadelphia Park May 29.
Eight 3-year-old fillies with visions of the Del Mar Oaks dancing in their heads will be heading for the starting gate on Sunday for the 33rd running of the grade II, $150,000 San Clemente Handicap.
After sitting out the Kentucky Oaks, Golden Ballet rebounded from defeat in the Ashland Stakes to win the $150,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle