The impact of an executive order on immigration issued by President Obama on the horse industry remains unclear, the American Horse Council said Nov. 21.
A new federal immigration rule will benefit the Thoroughbred industry, the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said Jan. 28.
- By Tom LaMarra
A change in legislative language could lead to the re-opening of horse slaughter plans in the United States. A ban on funding for federal inspections of horse meat has been reversed.
- By Tom LaMarra
The pari-mutuel industry could end up with some benefits should Congress opt to use legalization of Internet poker to help fund continuation of broad tax cuts agreed upon by Republicans and President Obama.
President Obama signed the Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 into law Sept. 27, the American Horse Council (AHC) reported Sept. 28.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that contains provisions that impact those buying Thoroughbreds or farm equipment this year and next, and President Obama signed it into law Sept. 27.
In response to a March 16 call for recommendations, the AHC pointed out that horseback riding promotes strength, endurance, flexibility, coordination, balance, and fine motor skills among other health benefits.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination