The impact of an executive order on immigration issued by President Obama on the horse industry remains unclear, the American Horse Council said Nov. 21.
A new federal immigration rule will benefit the Thoroughbred industry, the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said Jan. 28.
- By Tom LaMarra
A change in legislative language could lead to the re-opening of horse slaughter plans in the United States. A ban on funding for federal inspections of horse meat has been reversed.
- By Tom LaMarra
The pari-mutuel industry could end up with some benefits should Congress opt to use legalization of Internet poker to help fund continuation of broad tax cuts agreed upon by Republicans and President Obama.
President Obama signed the Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 into law Sept. 27, the American Horse Council (AHC) reported Sept. 28.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that contains provisions that impact those buying Thoroughbreds or farm equipment this year and next, and President Obama signed it into law Sept. 27.
In response to a March 16 call for recommendations, the AHC pointed out that horseback riding promotes strength, endurance, flexibility, coordination, balance, and fine motor skills among other health benefits.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Jon Court Hits 4,000-Win Milestone
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass