Trainer Keith Desormeaux is unsure Texas Red can get ready in time for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 4, but that isn't going to stop him from trying.
Texas Red remains on course for the April 4 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) as he swims his way back from an abscess on his right front foot following a sharp second in his 3-year-old debut in the San Vicente Stakes Feb. 1.
Smiling Tiger, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire, has been retired from racing. The son of Hold That Tiger will stand at Premier Equine near Oakdale, Calif., in 2014 for a fee of $5,000
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York