Trainer Keith Desormeaux is unsure Texas Red can get ready in time for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 4, but that isn't going to stop him from trying.
Texas Red remains on course for the April 4 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) as he swims his way back from an abscess on his right front foot following a sharp second in his 3-year-old debut in the San Vicente Stakes Feb. 1.
Smiling Tiger, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire, has been retired from racing. The son of Hold That Tiger will stand at Premier Equine near Oakdale, Calif., in 2014 for a fee of $5,000
Most Popular Stories
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell