Trainer Keith Desormeaux is unsure Texas Red can get ready in time for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 4, but that isn't going to stop him from trying.
Texas Red remains on course for the April 4 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) as he swims his way back from an abscess on his right front foot following a sharp second in his 3-year-old debut in the San Vicente Stakes Feb. 1.
Smiling Tiger, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire, has been retired from racing. The son of Hold That Tiger will stand at Premier Equine near Oakdale, Calif., in 2014 for a fee of $5,000
Most Popular Stories
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen