The catalog for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s winter mixed sale, set for Jan. 28-29, is now available on the OBS website.
The surging Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale ended its two-night run in upstate New York Aug. 14 with impressive results as shoppers dreamed of a lucrative future with their purchases.
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale enjoyed some big upswings in its key business figures on its opening night, Aug. 13, in upstate New York.
Eric Mitchell talks with Boyd Browning, President/CEO of Fasig-Tipton, about the expectations for the Fasig-Tipton sale. Sponsored by Taylor Made Sales. Watch Video
The auction will be held Aug. 7-8 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A Medaglia d'Oro colt brought the sale-topping price of $275,000 as the Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling auction ended its two-night run Aug. 16 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y, well behind last year's record-setting pace. Trainer Seth Benzel, agent for Whitehall Stable, purchased the bay yearling. James Pippo is the president of Whitehall, which puts together racing partnerships.
Fasig-Tipton reversed the negative business trends seen at Thoroughbred auctions this year at its recent Saratoga select yearling sale, where the gross revenue, average price, and median price all enjoyed significant upswings from 2008. The second and final auction on the company's upstate New York calendar is the New York-bred preferred yearling auction, which will be held Aug. 15 and 16. Each session will start at 7 p.m. (EDT).
A colt by Posse out of the Phone Trick mare Reverse the Call brought $200,000 to top session one of Fasig-Tipton's Preferred New York-bred Yearling Sale in Saratoga Springs Aug. 10, where the average, gross, and median were all up.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes