International star Falbrav bid an end to his race career Sunday afternoon before a cheering throng of 59,000 at Sha Tin Racecourse. The reason for the cheers was an impressive two-length victory in the HK$18 million Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at 2,000 meters (1 1/4 miles).
Falbrav, who figures to be the even-money favorite for Sunday's Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), drew post 5 in the 14-horse field Thursday morning at the barrier draw held at Sha Tin Racecourse in Hong Kong. The HK$18 million (approximately $2.3 million U.S.) Hong Kong Cup is the star attraction of the Hong Kong International Races, which also includes the Hong Kong Vase, Sprint, and Mile (all HK-I).
French-bred Precision, using a powerful move down the center of the track, ran down star mare Elegant Fashion to register an upset in Sunday's $1,025,811 Hong Kong Champion & Chafer Cup (HK-I) at Sha tin Race Course.
Hong Kong-based horses win three races on the International card.
Most Popular Stories
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- Interest High for Oklahoma City Summer Sale
- European Record At Tattersalls Craven Sale
- Rampart Winner Gamay Noir Heads Sixty Sails
- Australia's Rules Banning AI Upheld by Court
- Finding a Home, Filling a Need
- The Dude Returns to Charles Town
- Trommer Scores One for the Home Team