In a 12-month period that has seen drug compounders linked to horse deaths at a training center and integrity issues at the track, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is researching ways it could add regulatory oversight.
International star Falbrav bid an end to his race career Sunday afternoon before a cheering throng of 59,000 at Sha Tin Racecourse. The reason for the cheers was an impressive two-length victory in the HK$18 million Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at 2,000 meters (1 1/4 miles).
Falbrav, who figures to be the even-money favorite for Sunday's Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), drew post 5 in the 14-horse field Thursday morning at the barrier draw held at Sha Tin Racecourse in Hong Kong. The HK$18 million (approximately $2.3 million U.S.) Hong Kong Cup is the star attraction of the Hong Kong International Races, which also includes the Hong Kong Vase, Sprint, and Mile (all HK-I).
French-bred Precision, using a powerful move down the center of the track, ran down star mare Elegant Fashion to register an upset in Sunday's $1,025,811 Hong Kong Champion & Chafer Cup (HK-I) at Sha tin Race Course.
Hong Kong-based horses win three races on the International card.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now