In a 12-month period that has seen drug compounders linked to horse deaths at a training center and integrity issues at the track, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is researching ways it could add regulatory oversight.
International star Falbrav bid an end to his race career Sunday afternoon before a cheering throng of 59,000 at Sha Tin Racecourse. The reason for the cheers was an impressive two-length victory in the HK$18 million Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at 2,000 meters (1 1/4 miles).
Falbrav, who figures to be the even-money favorite for Sunday's Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), drew post 5 in the 14-horse field Thursday morning at the barrier draw held at Sha Tin Racecourse in Hong Kong. The HK$18 million (approximately $2.3 million U.S.) Hong Kong Cup is the star attraction of the Hong Kong International Races, which also includes the Hong Kong Vase, Sprint, and Mile (all HK-I).
French-bred Precision, using a powerful move down the center of the track, ran down star mare Elegant Fashion to register an upset in Sunday's $1,025,811 Hong Kong Champion & Chafer Cup (HK-I) at Sha tin Race Course.
Hong Kong-based horses win three races on the International card.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule