The general consensus is that Uncle Mo will have little trouble in the Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 9 at Aqueduct when he takes on nine seemingly overmatched rivals in his final Derby prep.
With three Derby preps and the World Cup, this weekend offers plenty of action. Read Blog
Synthetic racing surfaces have brought out the best in Positive Response, so he'll get another opportunity over the Turfway Park Polytrack in the $500,000 Vinery Racing Spiral Stakes (gr. III) March 26.
Stay Thirsty was installed the 9-5 favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Gotham Stakes, which drew a mostly unheralded field of nine.
Toby's Corner, in his stakes debut for trainer Graham Motion, collared J J's Lucky Train in the final furlong and drew off to a two-length win in the $98,000 Whirlaway Stakes on the inner track at rainy Aqueduct Feb. 5.
With an eye to the future, seven 3-year-olds will find out if maturity and distance are on their side when they line up for the $100,000 Whirlaway Feb. 5 at Aqueduct.
See the races from the first weekend of 2011. View Slideshow
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered