The general consensus is that Uncle Mo will have little trouble in the Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 9 at Aqueduct when he takes on nine seemingly overmatched rivals in his final Derby prep.
With three Derby preps and the World Cup, this weekend offers plenty of action. Read Blog
Synthetic racing surfaces have brought out the best in Positive Response, so he'll get another opportunity over the Turfway Park Polytrack in the $500,000 Vinery Racing Spiral Stakes (gr. III) March 26.
Stay Thirsty was installed the 9-5 favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Gotham Stakes, which drew a mostly unheralded field of nine.
Toby's Corner, in his stakes debut for trainer Graham Motion, collared J J's Lucky Train in the final furlong and drew off to a two-length win in the $98,000 Whirlaway Stakes on the inner track at rainy Aqueduct Feb. 5.
With an eye to the future, seven 3-year-olds will find out if maturity and distance are on their side when they line up for the $100,000 Whirlaway Feb. 5 at Aqueduct.
See the races from the first weekend of 2011. View Slideshow
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Arrives at Gulfstream Park
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Sovereign Awards Finalists Announced
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Illinois Board Ponders Plan to Pump $500K Into Purses
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse