The general consensus is that Uncle Mo will have little trouble in the Resorts World New York Casino Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 9 at Aqueduct when he takes on nine seemingly overmatched rivals in his final Derby prep.
With three Derby preps and the World Cup, this weekend offers plenty of action. Read Blog
Synthetic racing surfaces have brought out the best in Positive Response, so he'll get another opportunity over the Turfway Park Polytrack in the $500,000 Vinery Racing Spiral Stakes (gr. III) March 26.
Stay Thirsty was installed the 9-5 favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Gotham Stakes, which drew a mostly unheralded field of nine.
Toby's Corner, in his stakes debut for trainer Graham Motion, collared J J's Lucky Train in the final furlong and drew off to a two-length win in the $98,000 Whirlaway Stakes on the inner track at rainy Aqueduct Feb. 5.
With an eye to the future, seven 3-year-olds will find out if maturity and distance are on their side when they line up for the $100,000 Whirlaway Feb. 5 at Aqueduct.
See the races from the first weekend of 2011. View Slideshow
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita