Perennial leading sire Pulpit (A.P. Indy-Preach, by Mr. Prospector) died in his paddock at Claiborne Farm Dec. 6.
Gross and average both drop more than 20% at the opening session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. The top price was $2.9 million for a half-brother to Pulpit by Dynaformer.
Laurel Futurity (gr. III) winner Tapit had his first work since arriving at Palm Meadows training center, breezing an easy 7 furlongs in 1:30 3/5 Tuesday. Trainer Michael Dickinson still has not finalized plans as to when Tapit will make his 3-year-old debut.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny