Perennial leading sire Pulpit (A.P. Indy-Preach, by Mr. Prospector) died in his paddock at Claiborne Farm Dec. 6.
Gross and average both drop more than 20% at the opening session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. The top price was $2.9 million for a half-brother to Pulpit by Dynaformer.
Laurel Futurity (gr. III) winner Tapit had his first work since arriving at Palm Meadows training center, breezing an easy 7 furlongs in 1:30 3/5 Tuesday. Trainer Michael Dickinson still has not finalized plans as to when Tapit will make his 3-year-old debut.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year