Keeneland racing secretary Ben Huffman said the Lexington track is expecting field of 10 or 11 for the 87th running of the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) on April 16.
The winners of the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo stakes automatically have a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Todd Pletcher sent out Bittel Road and Interactif to win the With Anticipation the past two years and will have another live chance when he sends out Sensational Slam in a field of 10 and two also-eligibles.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet