The first session of Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale registered improved gross and average compared with the first session last year as 201 horses sold for $15,331,400, up 10.04%. Average price improved 14.42%.
Potesta and Princess Arabella brought $800,000 and $725,000, respectively during the first session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7.
Potesta, the Hollywood Oaks winner who suffered a career-ending condylar fracture to her left foreleg, recently arrived at Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., for her engagement in Keeneland's January sale.
Potesta, the Hollywood Oaks winner who suffered a career-ending condylar fracture to her left foreleg during a workout Sept. 14, is recovering well and will be offered at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) winner Potesta is bearing weight on her left front leg and trainer Mike Mitchell said he is "very pleased" with the way she continues to recover from a career-ending fracture sustained Sept. 14.
Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) winner Potesta suffered a career-ending condylar fracture to her left front leg during a morning workout Sept. 14 and was to undergo surgery that afternoon in an attempt to save her life.
Trainer Mike Mitchell will undergo surgery June 29 to remove a brain tumor that was diagnosed early this week.
Coming off an 11 1/2-length maiden score, Potesta outfought even-money pick Eden's Moon in a long stretch duel to win the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) by a nose June 23 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell