Lethal Heat, who won six of nine starts in 2008 before going to the sidelines following a third-place finish in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), starts a new year for trainer Barry Abrams in the $100,000 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Santa Anita's hillside turf course Jan. 3.
Sweeter Still, a filly that packs a big wallop into a small frame, takes on a pair of well-regarded John Sadler trainees in Oak Tree's $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita turf Oct. 11.
A field of 10 3-year-old fillies is set for the $100,000 La Habra Stakes Feb. 2 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby