Thoroughbred owner and Chicago native Sidney Port, part owner of two-time Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT) winner Ballingarry, died June 11 in Chicago at the age of 96.
Ballingarry, well known at Arlington Park because of his two wins in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) there, will start as the highweight in Saturday's Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Sid Port's Toasted, who ships in from California, figures to be the slight choice Saturday in the $200,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIT) at suburban Chicago's Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- Consignors Like OBS Mixed Sale Consolidation