Thoroughbred owner and Chicago native Sidney Port, part owner of two-time Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT) winner Ballingarry, died June 11 in Chicago at the age of 96.
Ballingarry, well known at Arlington Park because of his two wins in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) there, will start as the highweight in Saturday's Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Sid Port's Toasted, who ships in from California, figures to be the slight choice Saturday in the $200,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIT) at suburban Chicago's Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame