Thoroughbred owner and Chicago native Sidney Port, part owner of two-time Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT) winner Ballingarry, died June 11 in Chicago at the age of 96.
Ballingarry, well known at Arlington Park because of his two wins in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) there, will start as the highweight in Saturday's Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Sid Port's Toasted, who ships in from California, figures to be the slight choice Saturday in the $200,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIT) at suburban Chicago's Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- TimeformUS Ky Derby Prep Trip Notes Excerpt