Kiss the Kid, a 13-year-old Lemon Drop Kid stallion, is standing at Poplar Creek Horse Center in Bethel, Ohio, for a fee of $2,500 this year.
Tidal Volume, a stakes-winning son of leading stallion Tapit, sired his first reported foal, a filly out of the Woodman mare Runawayskye, Jan. 7.
Ohio-based freshman sire Mixmaster picked up his first winner Dec. 12 when Mixed Colors rallied from fourth to win the first race, a maiden special weight event for Ohio-breds, at Mahoning Valley Race Course.
BloodHorse.com is compiling a list of upcoming open houses and stallion shows for the 2015 breeding season. These open house days will be added to the list below as they are received.
Tidal Volume, a stakes-winning son of Tapit, will enter stud in 2015 at Poplar Creek Horse Center near Bethel, Ohio.
Vertiformer, a multiple graded stakes-placed 7-year-old old horse, will begin his stud career in 2015 at Poplar Creek Horse Center in Ohio.
Leading the pack of Ohio breeders is Robin L. Murphy, who stands nearly a dozen stallions at her 80-acre Poplar Creek Horse Center in Bethel, Ohio.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Breeding, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Kentucky
Below is a list of upcoming farm open houses and stallion shows. Listings are in alphabetical order by state. Times are Eastern Standard Time unless otherwise indicated.
Twinspired, a stakes-winning son of Harlan's Holiday, and Louie Villain, a son of A.P. Indy, will enter stud in 2014 at Poplar Creek Horse Center in Bethel, Ohio.
Prince of the Roxy registered a clear victory in a maiden claiming race June 16 at Lone Star Park to become the first winner for freshman sire King of the Roxy.
Poplar Creek Horse Center in Ohio has scheduled its stallion open house Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Fair Grounds Horses Nearing Release From Quarantine
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business