Ian Tapp reviews the days results and catches up with Pope McLean Jr., director, business manager for Crestwood Farm and Bayne Welker, Fasig-Tipton vice president of sales. watch video
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders have elected officers and members of the board of directors.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Participants in the Keeneland September yearling sale talk about falling prices for horses and the effects of America's growing financial crisis.
After its ninth day, which produced a session-topper of $400,000, the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale business-wise remained down. But given recent developments on Wall Street, overall economic stagnation, and the aftermath of hurricanes, things could be much worse, consignors said.
Plans to develop 59 acres of a Central Kentucky horse farm have triggered a debate, but the issue may come down to property rights.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards