Firing Line, who won the 2015 Sunland Derby (gr. III) by 14 1/4 lengths and was runner-up to American Pharoah in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will enter stud at Crestwood Farm near Lexington in 2017.
Ian Tapp reviews the days results and catches up with Pope McLean Jr., director, business manager for Crestwood Farm and Bayne Welker, Fasig-Tipton vice president of sales. watch video
Ian Tapp reviews the day's results and catches up with Pope McLean Jr., director, business manager for Crestwood Farm and Bayne Welker, Fasig-Tipton vice president of sales. Sponsored by Taylor Made Sales
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders have elected officers and members of the board of directors.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Participants in the Keeneland September yearling sale talk about falling prices for horses and the effects of America's growing financial crisis.
After its ninth day, which produced a session-topper of $400,000, the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale business-wise remained down. But given recent developments on Wall Street, overall economic stagnation, and the aftermath of hurricanes, things could be much worse, consignors said.
- By Esther Marr
Plans to develop 59 acres of a Central Kentucky horse farm have triggered a debate, but the issue may come down to property rights.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot