California Chrome remains the leading Thoroughbred in North America in the weekly NTRA Top Thoroughbred Poll released July 18.
Reddam Racing's Nyquist moved to the top of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association poll of top 3-year-olds after his victory in the April 2 Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (gr. I).
Destin and Danzing Candy, respective winners of classics preps on the East Coast and West Coast March 12, made the top five in this week's National Thoroughbred Racing Association top 3-year-old poll released March 14.
A survey of more than 800 people conducted by HorsePlayerNOW.com, a fan education website that hosts the weekly "Night School" program, indicates a strong belief that racehorses are well cared for in Thoroughbred racing.
Who should win the Eclipse Award as North America's top older male of 2009? Vote Now!
Who was the best Derby Starter in the last 30 years that did not win? Poll says: Point Given
Who was the best horse since 1979 to fall one leg short of the Triple Crown? Vote today.
- By Tom LaMarra
Horse racing continues to gain ground in popularity and measures up very well compared with other major league sports, according to the latest information from the ESPN Sports Poll.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse