California Chrome remains the leading Thoroughbred in North America in the weekly NTRA Top Thoroughbred Poll released July 18.
Reddam Racing's Nyquist moved to the top of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association poll of top 3-year-olds after his victory in the April 2 Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (gr. I).
Destin and Danzing Candy, respective winners of classics preps on the East Coast and West Coast March 12, made the top five in this week's National Thoroughbred Racing Association top 3-year-old poll released March 14.
A survey of more than 800 people conducted by HorsePlayerNOW.com, a fan education website that hosts the weekly "Night School" program, indicates a strong belief that racehorses are well cared for in Thoroughbred racing.
Who should win the Eclipse Award as North America's top older male of 2009? Vote Now!
Who was the best Derby Starter in the last 30 years that did not win? Poll says: Point Given
Who was the best horse since 1979 to fall one leg short of the Triple Crown? Vote today.
- By Tom LaMarra
Horse racing continues to gain ground in popularity and measures up very well compared with other major league sports, according to the latest information from the ESPN Sports Poll.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory