Dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship earned a Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) berth when shaking off Gentildonna and charging past leader Danon Ballade for a clear win in the Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I) June 23 at Hanshin.
Favorite and dual classic winner Gold Ship scored a thrilling come-from-behind tour de force in the Arima Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's season finale and all-star race Dec. 23 at Nakayama.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset