Dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship earned a Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) berth when shaking off Gentildonna and charging past leader Danon Ballade for a clear win in the Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I) June 23 at Hanshin.
Favorite and dual classic winner Gold Ship scored a thrilling come-from-behind tour de force in the Arima Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's season finale and all-star race Dec. 23 at Nakayama.
Gold Ship won the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas April 15 at Nakayama Racecourse, a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake forced the race to be moved to Tokyo.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm