With Philadelphia Park about ready to open its slot-machine parlor, gaming at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, located in a much smaller market, has exceeded expectations after the first two weeks of operation.
Penn National Gaming Inc. posted a jump of seven cents per share for the third quarter Oct. 26, in part due to higher revenues from its Charles Town Races operation.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Downs at Pocono, a Standardbred facility that held Thoroughbred meets in the 1970s, could become the first Pennsylvania racetrack owned by an Indian tribe should regulators approve a $280-million deal between Penn National Gaming Inc. and the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?