Nat Rea's Regis Farms has purchased 367 acres of the former Hopewell Farm property in Woodford County for $5.2 million.
Hopewell Farm's 584 acres at the corner of Pisgah and Old Frankfort Pikes near Midway, Ky., were sold at auction July 15, with PNC Bank buying the two largest tracts and a local doctor purchasing 42.27 acres.
PNC Bank has filed lawsuits in Fayette (Lexington) Circuit Court against two major Thoroughbred operations, contending that Buck Pond Farm and the McKathan Brothers Farm are in default on outstanding loans.
Robert Clay, who operates Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., has resigned as a director of PNC Financial and it subsidiary PNC Bank after serving more than 22 years.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust has been sued by PNC Bank, claiming the breeding entity has defaulted on a loan totaling nearly $1.6 million.
The lingering economic recession has forced banks to become very conservative lenders. In this climate, Thoroughbred horsemen nationwide are struggling with credit lines drying up and loans being called in. Read Feature
A Lexington bank claims former NBA player and college All-American Bobby Hurley and his Devil Eleven Stable have defaulted on a note totaling more than $900,000; seeks taking possession of 12 shares in Songandaprayer.
Three banks holding liens on racetracks such as Pimlico Race Course, Santa Anita Park, and Golden Gate Fields have filed objections over Magna Entertainment Corp.'s proposed bidding process to sell those racetracks and certain other assets.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has been informed by PNC Bank that it is in default on a loan agreement involving four Maryland entities the company owns.
Most Popular Stories
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- National HBPA Questions Federal Drug Bill
- Virginia Defining Horsemen's Group Criteria
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case