Barry K. Schwartz' front-running Great Intentions, supplemented to Saturday's $70,590 Affectionately Handicap for a cost of $650, put away Bobcat Greeley on the turn and then held off Homerette and Victory Pool for a neck victory in the 1 1/16-mile event for fillies and mares on Aqueduct's inner dirt track.
Two-time stakes winner Homerette has a chance to win her first open stakes race in Saturday's Affectionately Handicap at Aqueduct.
Three talented fillies separated by less than three lengths in last month's grade I Mother Goose will be back at it again in Saturday's 89th running of the grade I, $500,000 Coaching Club American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles at Belmont Park.
Although she is winless in three starts this year, Naveed Chowhan's Runway Model tops the short field of six 3-year-old fillies entered for Friday's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) at Pimlico.
Jockey Diane Nelson played the best poker hand in the $150,000 Comely Handicap (gr. IIT) when she guided Acey Deucey to a late-running victory over Seeking the Ante at Aqueduct Saturday.
Bright Mahogany, a winner of three of her five races in Puerto Rico including a pair of group I races, adds an intriguing element to Saturday's $150,000 Comely (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct.
Jill Robin L, beaten in each of her last two tries by In the Gold, turned the tables in Saturday's $150,000 Bonnie Miss (gr. II) with new rider Jerry Bailey at Gulfstream Park.
In the Gold and Jill Robin L. won't have Sis City to chase again, but they might have another worry in Saturday's Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont